SAN CARLOS, Calif. — September 17, 2012 — MarkLogic Corporation, provider of the Enterprise NoSQL database, today introduced MarkLogic® 6, a product designed to make it faster and easier for organizations to generate reliable, scalable and secure Big Data results. The product includes new tools for faster application development, powerful analytics and visualization widgets for greater insight, and the ability to create user-defined functions for fast and flexible analysis of huge volumes of data.
“There are some well-known database companies that have made a good business from managing the 20 percent of the world’s data that fits neatly into a relational database,” said Gary Bloom, CEO of MarkLogic. “Those solutions are simply not built to handle the other 80 percent of the world’s data that is unstructured or semi-structured, from sources such as video, documents, websites, social media, news and geospatial information. MarkLogic offers enterprise-hardened capabilities and proven expertise in moving organizations beyond the Big Data experiment phase and into enterprise-grade deployment.”
For more than a decade, MarkLogic has delivered a powerful and trusted enterprise-grade NoSQL database that enables organizations to turn all data into valuable and actionable information. Key features include ACID transactions, horizontal scaling, real-time indexing, high availability, disaster recovery, government-grade security, and built-in search.
“Businesses are rapidly digitizing their products, workflows and ways to manage business, as they transform into Digital Enterprises. With the growth of unstructured digital content, creating value from new and expanding data sources has become a priority for organizations across the globe. They look to TCS to provide solutions which extend beyond the traditional relational databases,” said Kamal Bhadada, Global Head of Media & Information Services, Tata Consultancy Services. “As a trusted MarkLogic partner, we believe the MarkLogic 6 platform provides the reliable enterprise-hardened, fast, secure and scalable solution for our customers’ unstructured data requirements.”
Some of the world’s largest organizations in the public sector, financial services, and publishing industry use MarkLogic software to build applications that were impossible with traditional database technologies. New developments in MarkLogic 6 continue to provide high value for these and other organizations.
“What makes MarkLogic stand out is its ability to load data to the platform without having to conform to a format or schema. The data can be ingested into MarkLogic and is immediately useable,” said David J. Steiner, Research Scientist at LexisNexis. “This unique capability provides LexisNexis with unsurpassed flexibility. We look forward to leveraging new advancements in MarkLogic 6 to explore and exploit the wealth of information we have cultivated over decades to create innovative features and products for our customers.”
MarkLogic 6 is available for download today at http://developer.marklogic.com/download. Visit https://www.marklogic.com/products-and-services/whats-new-in-marklogic-6/ for more technical details and datasheets on MarkLogic 6.
Data integration is one of the most complex IT challenges, and our mission is to simplify it. The MarkLogic Data Hub is a highly differentiated data platform that eliminates friction at every step of the data integration process, enabling organizations to achieve a 360º view faster than ever. By simplifying data integration, MarkLogic helps organizations gain agility, lower IT costs, and safely share their data.