We’ve been quite busy here at MarkLogic getting ready for our first-ever “virtual” MarkLogic World. From preparing our own product presentations to working with customers and partners on telling their stories – and of course managing the overall event logistics and communications – it seems the better part of the company is involved.
Truth be told, that’s not much different from our usual routine each year. This is now the eighth MarkLogic World I’ve worked on, and I’m feeling the same excitement I always do, seeing things come together.
While of course I’m always interested in hearing about the latest product updates, my favorite part of my job is working with our customers and partners and learning how they are putting MarkLogic technology to use to reach their business goals. I’m especially grateful this year for the many customers and partners who are taking time out of their busy COVID-impacted schedules to participate in our event.
So, what will you learn if you attend?
MarkLogic World Keynote
In the keynote webinar, you’ll hear from MarkLogic executives as well as customers and partners. Even though we’ve compressed the time slot to 90 minutes, we’re fitting in all the types of content that MarkLogic World attendees have come to expect over the years.
This year, we’re particularly focused on the issues the world is facing now – both in terms of society and (not surprisingly) on the related impact of data in helping businesses succeed in today’s environment.
- Our CEO Gary Bloom and SVP of Product David Gorbet will talk about these challenges, and explain how we are playing our part in helping our customers increase agility. They have a couple of big announcements about new MarkLogic capabilities that you won’t want to miss!
- You’ll also see a demo of a new tool we’ve developed to help with coronavirus research – that’s free for use around the world
- We’ll be interviewing a mix of long-time and newer customers on their experiences moving to the cloud, and on adopting MarkLogic Data Hub Service
- Sandy Carter, Vice President of Public Sector Partners and Global Programs at AWS, is joining us to share her insights into new best practices for extreme innovation and the importance of culture and curiosity
- And finally, our Founder and Chief Architect Christopher Lindblad will share his thoughts on MarkLogic and data technology in his usual “fireside chat” with Denise Miura, MarkLogic VP Asia Pacific & Japan Sales
Registering for the keynote webinar will give you access to more than 30 new on-demand videos from MarkLogic engineers, customers, and partners.
Product Sessions. Our product and solutions engineering team members are covering a range of topics, with a mix of beginner, intermediate, and expert-level sessions. Here’s just a few of them:
- Deep Dive Into the Optic Engine
- Streaming Data to a MarkLogic Data Hub With Apache Kafka
- Visual Data Modeling
- UX Design
- MarkLogic Data Hub Service Autoscaling and Performance Tuning
Customer and Partner Sessions. As with the keynote webinar, we’ve got a mix of “old” and “new” faces in these videos. You’ll see interviews, demos, and presentations on the importance of data during a crisis, DHS and cloud migration, data consumption and safe data sharing, and a variety of business-critical use cases that leverage MarkLogic. Confirmed sessions include:
- Chevron: Maintenance Data Hub to Give Users a 360 View of Equipment
- AbbVie: PubLab Platform to Share and Discover Scientific Literature
- AFRL: Enabling Semantic Discovery in a Data Lake Context
- WealthCounsel: Moving to the Cloud and Innovating With MarkLogic
- Eaton: Leveraging MarkLogic With Product Data
- Broadridge: Global Post-Trade Management (GPTM) Data Fabric
- IEEE’s Journey With MarkLogic: Search, Semantics and Data Hub Service
- Boeing: Using Semantic Graph Database Capabilities in Manufacturing
- DuPont: Integrated Product and Market Intelligence
- Tax Analysts & Copyright Clearance: Delivering a New Content Platform
- Pegasystems: Rapid Results With Intelligent Automation With MarkLogic Data Hub
- Epimoni Solutions: Keys to Successful Analytics Leveraging MarkLogic Data Hub Service
- 67 Bricks: Use Cases in Publishing Innovation
- Faster 360° View With a MuleSoft & MarkLogic Reference Architecture
During the week of August 3, we’ll be holding live discussions by industry – for the Financial Services & Insurance, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, and Publishing communities. We’ll have as many of the industry speakers as possible from the keynote and on-demand sessions on-hand to answer your questions about their sessions.
Registering for the keynote webinar will ensure you get an invitation to these breakouts where you can engage with peers in your industry.
This is shaping up to be our biggest MarkLogic World event ever! To join us, go to the MarkLogic World 2020 page to register.