The MarkLogic team will be back at the Frankfurt Book Fair for 2019. We’ll be in the middle of the technology and data action in Hall 4.2 (Stand K35) and looking forward to great discussions on data, content and the future of publishing. Check out our booth look!
This year our theme is “You Have the Answer.” Publishers and information providers already have the data, the content and the trust of their customers to create great experiences and lead the digital transformation of the industry.
This picks up from last year when we noticed that all around us the conversations included data—a critical asset for publishers. We covered this in our last post from the show. Industry expert, David Worlock, said when talking about a future where data mining is just the start, “50 percent of our ‘readers’ will be machines.” So, it’s clear that investing in your data is critical.
What to Expect at FBF 2019
This year we expect more of the same, and we’ve put together a great team of experts and partners to not just put data into the conversation, but make it front and center as the critical focus area for the industry.
We start out with hosting experts on our stand at 4.2 K35. Come on by and tell us how you think data is impacting the industry:
- James Wonder, MarkLogic – Meet a true digital innovator and talk shop with James. (Wednesday, 2:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Jen Shorten, MarkLogic – Have a chat with Jen who has led of some of the industry’s biggest projects. (Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Ernst Kallus, Stratigem – A serial innovator, Ernst will help you think outside the box. (Thursday, 2:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Matt Turner, MarkLogic – I will take a turn in the host seat. Come by and say hi. (Friday, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
To find out more and to book some time with our experts, visit the MarkLogic Frankfurt Book Fair 2019 page.
We are also very pleased to be joined by great partners that are putting your data and content into action. These include:
- DCL – Creating great digital solutions, Data Conversation Laboratory is joining us this year for the first time and is there to help you put your data into action.
- FontoXML – Helping customers across the world of media better create their content, Fonto’s leading tools make it easier for you to make the most of your content.
- EBCONT – Delivering innovative projects with MarkLogic for years, EBCONT is there to put it all together for you.
We’ve already gotten the data discussion started with DCL, co-sponsoring the Publisher’s Weekly Frankfurt Book Fair preview. Look out for the show daily on how you can get the most of your data and content.
The data conversation will also continue around us in Hall 4.2. Sessions include Copyright Clearance Center on Thursday, October 17. I will be joining our partner, SiteFusion, for a session that discusses XML and putting content and data together on Thursday, 10:00-10:30 a.m. at the SiteFusion Stand, 4.2 K75.
For publishers and information providers, “you have the answer” is really true. Investing in the data that will unlock the value of that content will be critical to lead this next stage in the ever-changing story of giving people the information and content they need.
I’m really looking forward to this year’s event and hope to see you there!