For over a decade, Federal government agencies have been successfully fulfilling their mission requirements using MarkLogic’s real-time analysis of their complex data.
Federal government agencies need cost-effective Big Data solutions that drive real-time analysis, situational awareness, and service delivery. MarkLogic enables government organizations to efficiently and effectively manage complex volumes and varieties of data to achieve mission success. Listen to an overview of MarkLogic capabilities and the benefits of using an Enterprise NoSQL database within the government.
From keeping the nation safe to meeting open government objectives, Federal government agencies rely on MarkLogic to fulfill their mission needs in a cost-effective manner that meets budget requirements.
- Defense, Intelligence, Law Enforcement, and Civilian agencies need to perform real-time analysis of complex and varied data from a variety of sources in order to support their missions. For example, they need to deliver a common operating picture for situational awareness to support the warfighter; fuse information for federal aviation incident management; and share border information between federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. These agencies rely on MarkLogic to integrate diverse data from legacy databases, open source technologies, and web information sources to deliver real-time high performance applications with enterprise-grade security.
- Agencies who want to provide more information to their constituents – e.g., to comply with open government initiatives – use MarkLogic’s flexible enterprise NoSQL database to cost-effectively aggregate information and deliver it to a variety of end-user platforms.
- Government agencies looking for a more cost-effective database, search, and alerting platform to discover, aggregate, and share information within and across agencies use MarkLogic to speed up delivery time for information applications, while reducing Total Cost of Ownership.
As the only government-grade security NoSQL database, MarkLogic delivers support for Big Data scale and performance, enabling our Federal government customers to build systems that cost-effectively aggregate and manage billions of data points and documents from numerous highly disparate data sources. MarkLogic delivers powerful query and alerting capabilities for streaming and unpredictable data.
Faster and More Flexible Government Solutions
Federal government agencies are the original Big Data creators and users. Much of this Big Data is unstructured, and MarkLogic was built from the ground up to handle unstructured data better than any other technology in the market – and integrate it with highly-structured data. With systems built on MarkLogic, agencies improve performance on unstructured information by as much as 100x (versus relational databases), and they can search and analyze petabyte scale data with sub-second response times.
Developers at Federal government agencies and their systems integrator contractors can focus most of their manpower on building mission-critical capabilities into Big Data applications, instead of building and managing data infrastructure – thanks to MarkLogic’s unique architecture. This increases the speed at which end users get access to the information they need, improving mission effectiveness while keeping projects on time and on budget.
Government Data Virtualization
With MarkLogic, your applications connect to a single data virtualization layer across organizational silos.
How Government Agencies Benefit from MarkLogic
- Federal government agencies reduce risk by selecting a vendor with a proven track record in mission-critical public sector Big Data applications.
- A real-time catalog for Hadoop that enhances government investment in open source technologies.
- Cloud to Edge interoperability with support for detached users with delayed, intermittent or latent network capabilities.
- Secure, massively scalable, high performing systems that can be deployed in weeks versus months or years. MarkLogic provides the speed, performance, and consistency that other NoSQL solutions lack.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is kept to a minimum due to reduced development effort, operations & maintenance (O&M) administrative overhead, hardware, power, space, and cooling costs as compared to other solutions – e.g. one agency needs only 1/2 a full-time employee to manage 100TB of data. Customers using MarkLogic eliminate expensive and time-consuming upfront data modeling efforts because they can load data “as is.” They add new data and develop applications in days or weeks versus months or years. They use fewer servers to manage their Big Data, and they scale out their systems on cost-effective commodity hardware.
Click on the following links to download MarkLogic and review the guides for Search development and Application development.
- Download for free – MarkLogic Developer License
- Learn how to get started using MarkLogic
- Check out MarkLogic development tools
Find your next MarkLogic solution for Financial Services »