The Boeing Company, Dods Parliamentary Services, Kaplan Publishing, LexisNexis, and Avalon Consulting, LLC Receive Prestigious Award at 2011 MarkLogic User Conference
MarkLogic User Conference, SAN FRANCISCO, Calif — April 28, 2011 — MarkLogic Corporation, the company revolutionizing the way organizations leverage unstructured information, today announced the recipients of the 2011 MarkLogic Excellence Awards, the 2011 Lindblad Award, and the 2011 Partner of the Year. The awards were presented this morning at the MarkLogic User Conference at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, CA, and recognize thought and technology leaders within MarkLogic’s outstanding cast of customers, partners, and integrators. Winners are honored for demonstrating leadership and innovation in how they use MarkLogic to manage unstructured information.
The MarkLogic Excellence Award is presented to three customers and/or partners that have implemented MarkLogic in new and innovative ways for a substantial impact on the business or organization. This includes, but is not limited to, new deployments, advancements on existing deployments, and added features. The Lindblad Award is named for MarkLogic founder Christopher Lindblad and is awarded to a single person within an organization who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to successfully innovate in his/her organization with MarkLogic. The Partner of the Year Award is given to a partner that has shown exemplary expertise with MarkLogic.
“The MarkLogic Awards Program recognizes customers, partners, and individuals that are leveraging MarkLogic for true innovation on mission-critical applications,” said Ken Bado, president and CEO, MarkLogic. “The recipients of this year’s awards represent some fantastic implementations that are leveraging unstructured information and big data in a way that will create a competitive advantage. Organizations and individuals that have shown this type of technological leadership will reap the benefits for years to come.”
MarkLogic Excellence Awards
- The Boeing Company – Boeing Mission Systems develops and maintains a mission-critical government security application on MarkLogic. This implementation provides a richer experience for users with features that enable faster search results on unstructured information.
- Dods Parliamentary Services – Dods Legislation allows customers to follow specific clauses or entire bills through parliament and track versions of the bill as elements are updated or changed. The new platform is allowing Dods to penetrate new markets and to provide additional services to its customer base with existing content.
- Kaplan Publishing – In the near future, Kaplan will unveil a new application built on MarkLogic that will have a major impact on the company’s customers.
The Lindblad Award
- Jeff Seitter, LexisNexis – As enterprise architect, Jeff Seitter plays a key role in defining LexisNexis’ architectural strategy. Jeff was instrumental in adopting MarkLogic for use within Lexis Advance, the recently launched next generation legal research offering.
Partner of the Year
- Avalon Consulting, LLC – Avalon Consulting, LLC is a MarkLogic premier partner and the companies work together to solve problems for clients with significant big data and unstructured information needs. Avalon maintains a tight focus on delivering solutions that result in measurable benefits, such as increased user satisfaction, enhanced productivity, and greater revenue to drive true value for organizations.
For over a decade, organizations around the world have come to rely on MarkLogic to power their innovative information applications. As the world’s experts at integrating data from silos, MarkLogic’s operational and transactional Enterprise NoSQL database platform empowers our customers to build next generation applications on a unified, 360-degree view of their data. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, MarkLogic has offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia. For more information, please visit www.marklogic.com.MarkLogic is a registered trademark of MarkLogic Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.